Martin von Haselberg
Martin von Haselberg is the longtime husband of Hollywood legend, Bette Midler.
Martin’s singer and actress wife was born December 1, 1945 in Honolulu, Hawaii. She made a name for herself as a singer, actress and comedian; she has sold over 30 million records worldwide, earning herself the stage name The Divine Miss M.
Midler dropped out of the University of Hawaii and then appeared in the movie Hawaii as an extra. Her film credits include Down and Out in Beverly Hills, Get Shorty, Ruthless People, Outrageous Fortune and Hocus Pocus.
The “Wind Beneath My Wings” singer has been married to Martin von Haselberg since December 16, 1984.
Here are 5 Facts About Bette Midler’s Husband
- -They have a daughter together; Sophie Frederica Alohilani, born on December 14th, 1986. Midler reportedly suffered a miscarriage in 1987.
- -Haselberg is a German performance artist, commodities trader and actor. He was born January 20, 1949; in Buenos Aires, Argentina to German parents.
- -He studied at the East 15 Acting School and co-founded the Kipper Kids in 1970. He is widely recognized for his work on the 1982 television film The Mondo Beyondo Show. He and fellow performer Brian Routh founded the performance art troupe the Kipper Kids. He also made an appearance in Weird Al Yankovic’s 1989 film UHF.
- -The two met after they were introduced by an Elvin impersonator in Las Vegas. The two tied the knot only six weeks after first meeting.
- -Midler has been open about the fact that the encouragement she received from Haselberg and his suggestion to go back into comedy re-launched her career. During interviews, she’s also lauded Martin von Haselberg as a great father saying “My husband is probably the greatest father who ever lived. He’s fantastic. He picked up the slack when I was on the road. He taught her a foreign language. He taught her to cook.”
The two have been married now for over three decades.
Join the Conversation